5-Blade cutting System. Sharpest 30 degree edge blade for a clean cut. 14.000rpm Linear motor for a faster. more comfortable shave. Multi Flexible Head fits uniformly against the skin. Keeps constant
Click here for full specifications(Opens in new window)
Best Price: £200.00 from Shavers UK
Best price for the Panasonic ES LV61 5 Blade Shaver
Full Review of the Panasonic ES LV61 5 Blade Shaver
Arguably, the first thing you will notice when opening the box of your newly purchased Panasonic ES-LV61 is its rather large shaving head. Although big, the shaving head is by no means bulky or heavy and is set to accommodate the revolutionary five-blade cutting system which Panasonic promises will give you the best possible shave. In fact there is method in their madness as when in action, the large head actually expands the cutting area and thus spreads the pressure and reduces the friction on the skin. That’s a good start….
No hair is left behind
Although there is an abundance of electric foil shavers out there on the market, the Panasonic ES-LV61 really sets itself apart from its competitors with its fast motor and nano-edged inner blades. Boasting 14,000 RPM, this shaver has got the goods for a great shave. To give you an indication, other shavers currently available on the market have anything between 8000-10,000 RPMs so there is an increased chance of tugging and friction – makes me cringe!
This impressive motor coupled with the five nano-edged inner blades and pivoting head which adjusts to the contours of your face, means that the shaver will glide effortlessly around your jaw line. In some of their adverts, Panasonic say that the five-blade cutting system has a three stage cutting process:
- The slit blade cuts the long whiskers
- The lift blade lifts flat-lying hairs for a close one-pass shave
- The finishing foils catch stubble at the base for a closer shave
Okay, so all of that aside, I can say from experience that the Panasonic ES-LV61 will deliver a great shave. I have used the shaver with gel in the shower and dry on the run and I can say that as one would expect, the wet shave with the gel is that little bit better. Don’t get me wrong, the dry shave was more than satisfactory but the wet shave was perfect.
- This shaver can be used for wet shaving in the shower or dry shaving on the go;
- It features five 30 degree nano-edged inner blades which ensure that no hair is left behind;
- The Panasonic linear motor is built into the shaver and is currently the quickest motor available on the market – 14,000 RPM. No more tugging!
- Flexible and curved multi-fit arc shaving head allowing easy movement along the contours of your face;
- Automatic self-cleaning and charging system for easy maintenance;
- The LCD display shows the battery levels and has an indicator for when cleaning is required;
- The pop-up trimmer allows you to perfect those sideburns or moustache;
- A 5 minute quick charge option;
- It boasts a 14-day battery life per 1-hour charge;
- Switch-lock button to prevent unit from going on accidentally;
- It comes with a standard travelling pouch.
Break the bank?
The Panasonic ES-LV61 is priced at the top end of the market which does put a lot of people off. But if you treat this as a long-term investment which it certainly is, the shaver suddenly becomes more affordable. It really would not be unreasonable to say that this shaver will be with you for at least four years.
The Panasonic ES-LV61 does come with a 2-year warranty.
Some added utilities
A clear, Liquid Crystal Display screen shows the current battery level, and alerts you to swap the head of the foil and the inner blades. The Lithium-Ion powered battery charges fairly quickly (in an hour to be precise), and gives you 45 minutes of cordless shaving. If you are short of time and cannot afford to charge the battery for 45-minutes, a 5-minute quick charge is enough to deliver one perfect shave.
To clean the shaver, simply take off the head of the foil exposing the inner blades and wash it quickly under the faucet with a dab of liquid soap. It is also effective to simply hold the shaver under a running tap and power it up – the ‘sonic vibration cleaning mode’ will do the rest for you.
Does it live up to its claim?
All in all, the Panasonic ES-LV61 delivers on its promises and will leave no hair behind. The designers behind this shaver obviously put a lot of thought into this as this shaver caters for all of our shaving needs in the most efficient way possible.
The only gripe worth mentioning is the style of the charging lead as it is not a coiled lead that one would usually find with shavers and electric bathroom goods, instead it has a long straight cable that just hangs down. Weird, especially when everything else has been thought of in the design.
Nonetheless, I give the ES-LV61 two thumbs up for a close shave and for an excellent design.
What do you think of the Panasonic ES LV61 5 Blade Shaver? Please leave your comments below or let us know what you think by clicking the like button.